So just as we were settling into our new helmet routine, guess what happens? We have to keep it off for seven days.
On Tuesday, Zander was looking especially hot in his helmet and I was taking it off every few hours to dry his hair and let him cool down for a few minutes. By the end of the day I noticed that he had developed a severe heat rash so I ditched the helmet for the night thinking I would discuss it with his doctor the next day. By the next morning, the bright redness all over his head had died down, but he had these crazy red spots all over and some of them were starting to blister. The helmet doctor said we needed to visit the pediatrician because although he had seen many heat rashes, this one was especially peculiar. I began to be concerned that he had chicken pox.
We went and saw his pediatrician today and it is definitely not chicken pox, but Impetigo. Basically, the helmet gave him a wicked heat rash which then got infected by lingering bacteria and created this polka dot party all over his head. Poor kid. This might end up being harder than we thought. We are going to concentrate for now on taking his meds and getting him over this thing and then in a week we will try and tackle this whole helmet thing all over again. Sigh...
On a better note, we did get our family pictures back this week and besides the ones I inserted on the side bar to your right, here are a few of my favorites:
My little guy Zander



My "bigger" little guy Ashton

One of the family photos: (I love Ashton's look here, it says it all..and the yellow ball was the only thing keeping Zander from completely losing it in the studio)
A few candid shots with Mom and Dad:

Apparently I have been telling a few too many lies because it seems my nose has grown a foot since I last checked. Is this another one of those things that they don't tell you "grows" when you are pregnant? Or perhaps I am just getting older...you know they do say that noses never stop growing.
The cell phone also kept Zander occupied during the shoot and made its debut in this photo here.
And this is my favorite one of all. As a relatively new mom of a second child, I couldn't imagine being able to love my second as much as I loved Ashton. Of course, that flew out the window once little Zander entered our family, but I got to tell you...nothing beats the feeling I get when I see the love blossoming between my two little boys and in this case, a picture is really worth a thousand words:
Thursday, May 1, 2008
The Mystery Spots
Posted by Stacy at 10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hey Stacey! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. Your family is absolutely beautiful. I'm so sorry about Zanders head. My little nephew just got a helmet for his head. I'll have to warm them about a heat rash possibly getting infected. It sounds so miserable.
So cute! Well done on some magnificent boys.
~L
Well, I came over here to be funny and witty but my wife beat me here and hit the nail on the head. Such cute kids. and there's really nothing that funny about it.
~P
Your pictures are really cute. I love seeing my girls become good friends too. And for the record, I don't know about noses, but I am pretty sure that ears never stop growing judging by the absolutely huge ears that old men have.
And I am sorry about the helmet issue (as if it weren't hard enough with just the helmet and NOT the rash. Good luck).
so crazy that you have to deal with all this rash/heat/helmet crap... Boo.
But the photos are WONDERFUL... and you do NOT have a big nose, dummy.
You're still way hot. :)
I am so sorry about the whole ordeal with the helmet. But, I do love that you call him the helmet doctor! Hilarious! Your family pictures are so cute!
Your pictures are so cute! I especially love the candid shots. Reminds me that i need to get pictures done. Too bad for Zander and the rash. it sounds aweful. I hope he gets well soon
Aren't you so glad I referred you to MY friend Melanie to get some great photos? Now that I think about it, you're trying to take all my friends! I mean Julie even does your hair! Who's next? Brandy? Wait, you guys are blogger buddies! Anyways, I love the pictures. Your kids are cute. My future phantom kids have a lot to live up to.
Post a Comment