![]()
Today Ashton graduated from his preschool class and they put on the cutest little program. I was so proud of him (mostly because he actually got up there and did it versus the wailing and gnashing of teeth that he performed in the audience at the Christmas show, absolutely refusing to go up there).
They showed off all the things they have been learning all year including karate moves and meditation. They pulled off some adorable kicking attempts with "Kung Fu Fighting" playing the background.

They recited the alphabet, days of the week, months of the year, all variations of counting to 100 (yes.....that did take forever), vowel sounds and they even showed off a little reading skills.
Check out the two videos below for a snippet of some of the songs they did. My favorite is Ashton yawning his way through "God Bless the USA". Here this is supposed to be a sweet tribute to our country coming from the innocent voices of our little children and my son can barely keep from falling over onstage from boredom. It was hilarious.
Here he is getting his diploma
This is his Preschool BFF, Christian.
I am so proud of him, he has grown so much this year. When I first took him there in September, he cried his eyes out and I ended up staying most of the time. Not a good idea as I began to see how behind he could really be when all the other kids were writing their names and coloring beautiful pictures. He could barely hold a crayon for heaven's sake I was such a bad parent, I didn't teach him anything! Luckily, he happens to have inherited my smarts (and had a great teacher) because he picked up so quickly and is now reciting all the vowels and months of the year like the rest of them. He writes his name beautifully and even writes me little "notes" with random letters that he remembers how to write and tells me what they say.
He is such a wonderful boy and now I am stuck with him ALL day long ALL summer! J/K....kind of.
Congratulations Ashton, you are my favorite #1 son!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Congratulations Ashton!
Posted by Stacy at 7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
sounds like a GREAT school! What a cute little smartie you have! And he really is one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen.
Seriously cute! It sounds like they had some great extra curricular activities (I'm pretty sure June doesn't know ANY karate moves :)
And yes, June did go to Deanne's pre school two years ago. She is a Sept. birthday, so lucky her, she had the opportunity for three years of pre school. I only did two, and the other kids only get one.
Gotta love Center Stage! It rocks and takes all your cash! He is so cute!
WOW...that is one impressive pre-school graduation!! Where did you say you took him? Pre-Yale? Not only did they help him learn to read and write but KARATE?!?! Again, all I can say is WOW......
Oh Stacy, I don't know if little boys can get any cuter then Ashton. Thanks for commenting on my blog! It is so fun to hear from you.
Post a Comment