I get kinda gypped in the birthday and Mother's Day department. But I guess since I am an adult, I am supposed to be okay with that right?
My birthday is May 10th, the same day as my nephew Jaden's and a few days before my niece Olivia (May 18th), my son Zander (May 14th) and Julene's husband Russell is also in there somewhere too. It is also usually a few days (this year the day before) around Mother's Day. So my celebration(s) gets lost in the kid birthday parties and Mother's Day sentiments.
This year David borrowed a cool car (bright red Dodge Viper) from his friend for my birthday/Mother's Day weekend and took me out to dinner on Saturday night. Here is a few pics we shot that night:

(Not sure if my Grandma's neighbor is aware...but I believe Ron Paul is not an option anymore...)
David was beside himself with excitement driving it. Then I began thinking, how did my birthday end up being a weekend where he gets to drive the car of his dreams and have a nice dinner? The only thing I had to trump him with was a birthday card....nice maneuver there David. I remembered the first birthday I celebrated with him when we were dating. He showed up at my house with the hugest bouquet of roses I had ever seen (he got me those often back then) and then presented me with a beautiful diamond bracelet from some fancy mall jewelry store. He took me to dinner at Baci's and doted on me all night. That was after we were dating only a month! We are married now for six years....when did things change??? (I love you David, I am just teasing).
When we got home, David's mom was nice enough to have a cake and everything as a surprise for me. Unfortunately, Ashton was really sick with a fever and he wanted to sit in my lap the whole time.
After my delve into the thirtysomething pool passed without much fanfare, Sunday rolled around and it was time for our new tradition of the "All in One Celebration". My family gets together to celebrate all the May birthdays and Mother's Day (and those of us with both to celebrate get stuffed in there somewhere....not that I'm complaining...)
We headed over to Great Grandma Stone's house for the BBQ and chaos ensued for the next few hours. I can barely hear myself think when we are all together and I spent most of the time worrying about Ashton and Zander because they were both a little under the weather.
Olivia turned 2
Jaden turned 7 (notice no mention of a "Stacy" on that cake?)
And Zander enjoyed the time honored tradition of his very own smash cake for his 1st birthday. I debated whether or not to do it, because he really wasn't feeling well. (He broke out again from his helmet and besides getting spots he gets very lethargic, but that whole story will be another post).
Timidly taking the first plunge:
Finally digging in and getting his hands dirty:
Ashton also made the most of the party. He began courting the decorations. Yes, that's right. We heard him walking around calling..."Honey, Honey?" I asked him who on earth he was looking for and he said: "My balloon, I married it."
And then he began practicing polygamy:
Meanwhile, Zander decided to take a spin in the Viper:
Here is David and my attempt at trying to get a good picture together:

Finally....
And just for a good laugh...I'll leave you with this one:
Thursday, May 15, 2008
The All in One Celebration
Posted by Stacy at 6:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Happy Birthday Woman! You look great for 30! Looks like you had fun!
Happy Birthday! I loved all of your pictures! They are so cute. My mom and my grandma both have there birthdays in May too. :)
Okay I meant their....
Two words: WHAT EVER! You think you got it bad my dear friend, (and this post has my old friend lightly sprinkled through out.) My birthday is two weeks after Christmas, yeah you think competing with Mothers Day is rough, try going head to head with Jesus!
AND THEN, just cause I'm only allowed to get presents within a 2 week span I went ahead and got married on Dec 30th (tax purposes.) So now I have two weeks where I get Christmas presents wrapped in Birthday Wrapping and Birthday presents wrapped in wedding wrapping come Jan 9th we're too sick of and too poor to do much more than a Birthday night back scratch. So I think a nice dinner out with Dave in some sexy car sounds just delightful... have him call me.
~p
oh and your 30.
Happy Birthday. Sorry about the All in One Celebration! :)
Stacey you are looking so gorgeous! What a fun way to celebrate and to drive a Viper to dinner! Now who would let anyone borrow their Dodge Viper? That must be a good friend. Happy Birthday.
Patrick...you win
Happy Birthday Stacey! Sounds like you had a fun evening, or at least Dave did driving the viper :) I can't believe Zander is already 1 and my little girl turns 1 on thurday. Time goes fast. I love seeing them dig in to their cake but I don't necessarily like cleaning it up afterwards. You have to do it though.
Happy Birthday! Your 30s are lots of fun and don't let anyone tell you differently.
uh, VIPER...are you kidding me? I agree with Jenny, that is one GOOD friend! Maybe you should introduce us...we Livingston's can be pretty likeable...Just look at Patrick's "Jesus" comment!
I am sorry that you felt lost in the mix...You and Dave do LOOK fabulous!!
And you are right...we aren't supposed to care...but sometimes you can't help it!
I agree with Patrick though, let Dave call him and the boys can go riding...Just have them drop us off at the spa! ( I am including ME in the us!)
One more reason why I try to schedule my kids' birthdays for certain times of the year (because I can), although I have never thought to avoid Mother's Day. Maybe I should put it on the list since we only have girls anyway, and someday I hope they are all mothers (no, this is not me wishing to be a busy grandmother....by then, I just want to relax).
p.s. You guys are too cute in those pictures. I hope I look that good when I am 30 :)
Post a Comment