Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tis the (cold and flu) season....

Well...this isn't going well. I'm not sure I have the patience for this. I mean I love to write, but I can't figure out how to do all the cool layout things (or don't want to take the time to figure them out) which makes me want to give up altogether. So..if anyone out there stumbles upon this and has any tips for getting me started, feel free to send them my way.
We have been sick in my house for it seems like eternity. David first brought it in when he went with his friends up to Sundance in Park City last month with no coat and we have all been passing it around since. Which is difficult because my children simply refuse to take medicine. I know most children do, but seriously, Ashton would rather be sent to the emergency room with a raging fever before he will swallow a teaspoonful of Tylenol. And this theory has been tested as in the past we have shamefully had to ask doctors to inject him with tylenol in the doctor's office before we take him home. A shot is over within seconds, whereas forcing him to take it by mouth which he will then promptly throw up, is agonizingly long. You may be thinking..."disguise it in ice cream, or soda or chocolate milk". Nope, tried everything. The child can sense medicine from a mile away, it's freakish.
And then Zander came along. I think..okay, I will do this differently this time. Somehow I will teach him young that medicine is not the devil. But at 9 months with his first go at medicine-he has already mastered the gurgle and spit out technique. Crazy.
But, here is the secret, in the middle of the night when I'm in the kitchen gagging down Nyquil, I wonder where these kids get it from right?
So hopefully we are on the upswing from all this and I can relax for a month or two before at least one of them gets it again.
So I have a few more things to say but I am not sure if it is in bad form to discuss more than one topic per blog??? Who knows.

3 comments:

Ace said...

Stacy

Let me be the first to welcome you to the blogging world. I, too, was reluctant, but now I'm addicted. :) It's a nice way to vent my frustrations now that I'm back in the dating world. :)

Best of luck!
Ace
www.jkmsjennings.blogspot.com

Dottie Stay said...

Stac!! I have found you! I saw your comment on Patrick's blog. Oh, how I loved the Yugo. That was amazing that we even ever made it to school. Any time I hear My Sherona I think of you! At least it went down in flames with the burned hole in the seat from the cigarette lighter. I am still sorry about that one. Your boys are so cute. I can't believe how big they are. The last time I saw you you were a couple of days away from having Zander. You look wonderful, and I miss seeing you. You have always ben such a good friend to me and took such good care of me in high school. I just love you. Thanks for all that you have done for me. You talk about all you want to on your blog. I feel like mine is so random. I think that I invited you to it, but let me know. Email me. stailme@hotmail.com and let me know.

Patrick said...

This is sweet, here you are living, what, 15 steps from Melinda and you guys talk like you've just come back from Irac. If you love her, Mindy go to lunch! I wish I could but there are those darned 37 states between us! (Actually was home for 2 weeks and we never hooked up...but you try and compete with Connie and you loose.) Anyway, Melinda's right, you and your family look great and Dave looks down right Hot! You too...you too... but come on... I'd like to take a quarter and bounce it off that back side and make some change!!! Which is what you need to ride the bus here cause they don't give you back change. They raise the fare to be $1.35 so you have to give them two dollars then they're like, "Sorry, no change." and your all, "Whatever." but your really mad like the time that I got so mad I started physicaly abusing you from the back seat and we were both kinda stunned that it happened and we don't really talk about it... even now. Heh. I remember why.


See you can talk about lots of different things in one post! And that's how I helped!