Yay! Well, after getting some comments on my last blog, I feel rejuvenated in my attempts to actually do this. Instead of responding to people's comments in the comment section, I will address them here:
-Kris-Thanks for welcoming me in, I hope I can keep up with it.
-Melinda-You are so sweet, our Yugo days are definatley memorable and thinking about that My Sharona song made me laugh. We need to take Patrick's advice and go to lunch. I will email you and maybe we can get together next week or something. And by the way, I long ago forgave you for the cigarette burn, it just added more character :)
-Patrick-I'm glad to hear from you. And yes, my husband is hot. This is why I am slaving away in the gym to try and evict this stubborn baby weight that has taken up permanent residence on my bod. It really isn't fair, I'm the one with the bad metabolism and I'm the one who has to carry the babies, while he eats whatever he wants and never gains a pound. Oh well, nature... what are you going to do. Anyways, I will forgive you for not contacting me last time you came if you promise to at least call while you are here next time. I'm sure Connie has not resorted to monitoring your phone calls too. And I need to be informed as to when RRRed will next be playing as I must make the trip to see it this time.
Okay, now onto my topic of the day: Animals. Now those of you who know me know that though I may pretend now that I am domesticated, I am not an animal person. This is the snotty Stacy that still exists deep down inside of me. I just feel as if they are dirty and I can't handle it. Anyways, David is like the ultimate animal lover and despite my protests, over the years we have rescued three baby ducklings and one goose from certain death and nursed them back to health in our backyard before returning them to their home. The ducks were fine, but the goose really did a number on our backyard (and by that I mean literally, number 2, all over...all the time). He had a broken leg and David made a makeshift cast for it until it was better, he would even take him on walks around the block where all the neighborhood children would follow him and think he was the coolest dad ever.
Anyways, last year when we moved into our new house we decided to finally take the plunge and get a dog when summer came. We bought a little rat terrior who was adorable and named him Scout (Patrick I know this is the name of your dog, but we all know that To Kill a Mockingbird was my favorite book and David and I had already decided that if we got a dog, this would be his name). So Scout was adorable and Ashton loved him and we were a happy family. Until Scout simply refused to get house trained. He did well at first but then he decided that he liked the attention he got when he made a mistake so he started doing it all the time. My patience was beginning to wear thin. But soon after we discovered that Ashton was actually allergic to him and had asthma on top of it. We tried keeping him in the garage for awhile since he could no longer be in the house, but he was so unhappy we finally had to give him away. I thought I would be happy, but was actually pretty sad about it, I even cried. Was my anti-animal shell beginning to crack? Just as I was discovering that maybe I could love them, we found out we couldn't have them? Below is Scout with Ashton.

So, that is my rant for the day. I may have begun to love animals but it has been ruined by our crazy neighbor dog. And cats will never be an option because I believe that they are inherently evil (Listen, if you had met our childhood cat Blacketta, you would know what I am talking about).
P.S. As you can see...I finally figured out the picture in the blog thing....

12 comments:
Stacy,
It is so good to see you. How old are your kids or kid? I think you are excellent at this blogging thing and I hope to see more!
Yay, Sharon! I checked out your blog and your kids are so cute! My boys are four and a half (Ashton) and 9 months now (Zander). Crazy. Keep checking in because I am going to post more pictures and stuff once I figure out how to do it right. Any suggestions are always appreciated :)
Hooray!!! I'm so excited to be able to stay caught up with your life--especially since I seem to have had trouble following through with any intentions of getting together. I wish I had sage advice about your neighbor dog situation, but I don't. I'll just say that I'm very sorry it's happening!
Holy Cow! I am so excited you have a blog. I can't believe how big your boys are getting and how hilarious your writing is. I always appreciate a good laugh and a well written post. I think we will get many out of you.
I can't believe your boys won't take medicine. My kids love it because of the fruity flavors. June tried to convince me the other day that she needed some (with a very bad fake cough). Needless to say I wasn't fooled.
And I'm sorry about your dog problem. I have one of those neglected barking dogs next door, but I have been able to blessedly tune it out along with the train. I still feel bad for the dog though, and my other neighbor is kinda ticked that I DON'T call the cops because she feels like she is the only one who does. Is there a winning situation here?
Anyway, a long way to say that I am thrilled you have joined the blogging world. I will stalk you regularly for sure.
Stacy- welcome to blogging woman! I am so glad that you are back in our lives. YEAH! And wow your boys are huge!
Hey girl--
Now, after all those loving, excited comments just now, aren't you glad you moved on up into BlogLand? Really? I love "collecting" my old friends back through blogging, and I'm excited to have you on my list! You'll get really good at this in no time.
Here, a few things:
1. blab about as many topics as you want in one entry! (just use a new paragraph here and there). Or you can do multiple entries in one day if you like to keep it neat and un-rambling. (I favor the rambling, myself.)
2. Your layout is already looking jazzy. If you REALLY want to indulge in some time-wasting, go to Scrapblog.com and create a title image. That's where I made mine, and it has some fun things available for free. Once you've created one, check back with me and I'll explain how to get it into your Blog Template.
3. On your "Dashboard", click on "layout" and explore the options. "Add a Page Element" will give you TONS, like polls, lists, pictures, link lists, etc.
Okay. have fun! Can't wait to read more!
It's so good to hear from you!! My children would disagree about the cats though, especially Isabelle who has some mystical connection with them.
I love the blog! Way to go! We all need to get together for lunch! I had no idea you were so close to me. Do you go to the AF Gold's Gym? I have STILL have baby weight. (Some that dates back to my almost three-year-old.) We should go together. (Asuming you go to the AF gym.) My husband is a stick. It is no fair!
Jen,
I do go to the AF Gym, sometimes the North Orem one though when I drop my son off for preschool. I frequent the Power Pump and Spinning classes around 9 am. And yea, I still have weight from Ashton topped off with Zander weight too!
All right. Enough. I'm not going to check back in if all I can hope for is 'Good Job on Blogging!' And 'Let's swap baby fat.' You all are missing the most important reason to comment... BLACKETTA! She is a post all in herself. This is a story of the sluttiest cat that ever laid on her back and 'Merrrowwwed' at every Tom cat...strike that, every Tom, Dick, and Harry Cat in lower Orem and upper Vinyard. She was infamous and is certainly struggling to roll over in her grave at the fact she only inspired Gym Talk at the mention off her name. Bad Readers! NO! BAD! We Don't Write About Gyms! BAD! Now go outside! BAD!
ps shot the neighbors dog.
SHOOT! I meant Shoot and now it's not funny cause I put shot. STUPID!
Patrick,
Blacketta was the queen of the night in California...not Utah, I don't think they would let her in the state with her history. Besides, I'm not sure many of my blogging readers knew of the infamous cat. You are right. I will dedicate a blog to Blacketta's story so all can know of her glory. But don't diss the baby fat talk, as a man you have no idea what it is like!
Post a Comment