
So in this unchartered television territory known as the writer's strike (which I think thankfully is finally over), I have had to find new shows to DVR and watch after my kids go to bed while the ones I really love fade away into the hiatus wasteland. (NO "24" UNTIL JAN OF NEXT YEAR!!!).
Since there are no scripts, we get to watch a bunch of junk reality shows which we know are scripted as well, just not by real writers (or ones who are stuck in the bottom feeder). I've been enduring the patheticness of "Dance War: Carrie Ann vs Bruno" for the past few months out of obligation because one of Jamie's best friends is on it (the most talented one of all of them and their team actually won though who knows if they can actually go anywhere). I will always love the cheesiness that is "Dancing with the Stars" (Jamie's friend is on there too, I think she has known someone on every dancing/singing reality show on television, it's crazy. I guess it goes to show you how much talent is in this area.)
But the new one I've latched on to this season is "The Biggest Loser". I've seen commercials for it years past and always thought it looked stupid, but with my renewed quest to reclaim my pre-baby bod, I tuned in to find some inspiration. Now I'm glued every week and even find myself falling for all their product placement stunts too. It's good TV! While I am mortified to drag my blotchy-faced, sweat-drenched self to the gym exit after the horror known as spinning or powerpump have kicked my butt, these people have to spend their entire television careers in that state! And worse yet, every week they squeeze themselves into a sports bra and spandex just to stand there in front of the camera with their team and wait to get weighed in on national television. Mind you, these are no skinny-minis, they probably haven't seen that skimpy of clothes in decades. That's guts people.
On another note, I don't know how you all were when you first started blogging but I find myself blogging everything in my mind. Kinda like when you were first learning to type and you would be having a converstation with someone and be typing out their sentences in your mind (or maybe that was just me). I will be going about my daily routine and blogging the events in my mind. This has got to stop. No one wants to hear about teeth brushing (though it was kinda funny when I was reduced to use my son's toothpaste when David took mine on his campout. What do they put in that stuff? My mouth felt like it was lined with grit and I think I am teaching Ashton good oral hygiene?) or changing diapers. Not interesting. I am going to have to work on it.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Am I 'the biggest loser' for liking "The Biggest Loser"?
Posted by Stacy at 11:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Ah yes, when blogging takes over there isn't much to be done. I have written dozens of posts in my mind that have never been published. I try to limit myself to interesting stuff, but let's face it, my whole life is interesting. Just kidding, but post at will, I will certainly keep reading whatever you write.
I am the founder of The Biggest Loser fan club! (Not really, but I am a faithful viewer). I have noticed MANY product plugs this year (I tell Darin it reminds me of Wayne's World). I am so excited to have another Biggest Loser friend!!!
Stacy. You are hilarious. You must still sound the same because when i read you I can picture you and hear your voice and it's been SOOO long since I've seen you. 24 is a sad loss. I think it is a good sign that you're blogging in your mind because you're just going to end up saving more of your life for your posterity to read plus it is nice to be able to connect with other people this way, so don't feel too bad about it, unless you're blogging away while your kids are frolicking unsupervised on top of a skyscraper (so many of those in Utah valley) or something.
Amen about the sportbra thing. I don't know if I would have had the guts to place myself out there like that. I think they all should win just because of that. :)
Yeah, that show makes me nervous, and I don't know what I am going to do about not being a part of Kiefer's life for a whole year. I am having a hard time. The cookies below are so cute, and Zander is such a fun chubby man. What a great brother Ashton is! You don't give yourself enough credit for being a wonderful mother. I now you Stac, and your kids are darn lucky to have you! I miss seeing you!
I now you to Stacy, and you are too good for the biggest looser. Although I have never watched it and I am currently fat, I do not find comfort in watching fat people battle it out for a hogi, that is what they do right? They strip everyone down to spandex and put 'em in a big circle and put a hogi in the middle and then shoot a gun and they all run in slipping all over the place cause they have greased the floor with Pam Cooking Spray and we watch as they all struggle to slide their fat selves into the middle just for one precious bite of that plump Hogi and the last one to get a bite is the looser and because he/she lost they have to have fat from the other contestants surgically added to their already enormous belly, left only to hope that next week they'll get just one bite of that elusive Hogi.
I'm just kidding I know that's not what it's about.
I would watch that.
~P
I am definitely addicted to it too!! The bad thing is that we always end up having the worst stuff to eat every Tuesday and then we sit down and watch it feeling so guilty for what we just ate.
Post a Comment