Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm claiming it!

This one is for the record books. Zander has begun uttering his first word which he actually attaches meaning to and it is...."ma, ma"!

Sure he has been saying "da, da" for awhile now but he just jabbers it nonsensically because he thinks it's cool. He has also said "hi" for awhile, but usually only copying us and when we greet him in the morning.
As of yesterday when he is upset and I pick him up, he starts whining "ma...ma...ma" and he also follows me around the room saying it. I'm loving it.
Still not crawling though. He has gotten mad quick at the army crawl and I think his left arm is beginning to resemble Popeye's as it is the arm of choice to drag his big chunk of a body across the room. He actually gets up and crawls a few times, but then decides his scoot works better and gives up. He actually isn't trully happy unless he is using his preferred method of travel which is:





He loves us to walk him around the house which is really a killer on the back after awhile. His grandma watches him a lot during the day when David and I are working and she is at his mercy nearly every minute. I remember Ashton was like this too, he crawled really late and only for a month and then started walking by 11 months. It's funny because when I was pulling out some of Ashton's old clothes for Zander I was noticing that one arm in the forearm area and one knee was worn out on several of his clothes, which of course is the product of the army crawl. Zander is turning out more and more like his brother every day.

3 comments:

Maleen said...

So cute. I myself am not a fan of walking children around the house. My back just can't take it anymore. But he'll be walking before you know it. I can't believe he was itty-bitty last time we saw you. Time goes way too fast.

Paul and Angela Baird said...

You're boys are getting soooo big. Has it really been that long since we got together? What is wrong with us? We must plan a lunch sometime soon. I'll call you!

S&F Seminario said...

Okay, our sons are about the same age! They need to play.