Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm It: Tag Catch up

So much work to do, so much cleaning to do, so many blogs to catch up on...so I've decided to catch up on some long lost tags instead.
I was tagged like three times on this 6 quirks one so here goes...don't judge me.

1. I am an absolute nightmare to drive with. I am super paranoid and I can't control it. It really manifested itself after my sister's terrible accident two years ago, but I think I have always had it. I have been known to shriek with fear at "near-accidents" and shake for a good few minutes afterwards. This does not go well with my husband's need for speed and impatient driving. I am usually okay when there are not a lot of other cars around, but it is the fear of the unknown-as in what other stupid drivers are going to do that I can't control-that really sets me over the edge.
2. I hate those little goober things that get in the corner of your eye. I am always checking to make sure I don't have them and I have a tough time having a conversation with people who have them. My poor children suffer from my obsession with this as well. When Ashton was a baby he would get huge white ones all the time and I was always trying to stick a Q-tip in there to get them. And then he got an eye infection from all my fussing. I was really feeling guilty on that one.
3. I have to have my feet covered when I fall asleep. This comes from an old childhood fear of someone grabbing them (i.e. the monster under the bed) while I am sleeping. The funny thing is that when I wake up I usually have them uncovered, it is just when I fall asleep.
4. I keep EVERYTHING! I have the hardest time throwing things away because I always think I may need it again some day. This has indeed happened sometimes when I have been glad that I kept something, but for the most part (since I never organize anything) I know that I have kept something but I can never find it and it is just that much more frustrating. Similarly, I pack WAY too much stuff when I go on vacation. I always think that I may need something or want to have options while I am there. This leads to me never being able to find the things I do want in my huge mountain of luggage.
5. When we were younger and sharing a bathroom, my sister Jamie used to always accuse me of using her products to "preserve" my own. We would often have the same face wash or shampoo or whatever and she was constantly on me about using hers instead of my own so that mine would last longer. The secret is...sometimes she was right! But, this is what I think, she was always accusing me of this and I think it is because she did it herself too. (Come on Jamie, admit it).
6. My husband has some of the craziest quirks and it has literally become a quirk of mine to try and cure him of some of these things by the most outlandish methods. I am just going to leave it at that, but jeez you'd think I'd take a look at myself and work on my own, huh?
I am just going to tag my sister Jamie if she ever reads this because her quirks would be a good read ( I can most likely list them off myself too) and she needs to up the readership on her blog so she will do it more often. (Plus, I want to see her reaction when she reads my confession).

The Next Tag: Google Image Search
Just a few simple questions that have to be answered by typing them into google images and see what you come up with.

1. Where were you born?

No, I was not born at McDonalds. But this is the one in Downey, CA where I was born. Also, birthplace to the great Karen Carpenter.

2. Where do you live now?

We have lived in P.G. for a year and a half now and I've yet to visit this famed landmark of the city.

3. What is your name?

Yes, there is (another) singer out there with my name. But could we be any more different. Besides the first name spelling, this chick sports a super-short brown pixie cut and I have a blond (albiet not totally my natural color) lion's mane.

4. What is your grandma's name:

Hydrocharis+morsus-Ranae

Other grandma:

But my grandma didn't don the tall blue beehive.

5. What is your favorite food?

The Cheesecake Factory's SLC debut was both a blessing and a curse.

6. What is your favorite song?

This was a tough one to choose, but I love the nostalgic feeling I get whenever I hear Sting's "Fields of Gold".

7. What is your favorite smell?

I love the Fall and Pumpkin Spice does it for me every time.

8. What is your spouse's name:


....Maybe in another life. When I did just his first name I got several pics of Michelangelo's "David" but that seemed a little too risque to post, you know?

9. What is your favorite place?


Nothing compares to the magic that Disneyland can create at Christmastime. Standing on the cozy and glittering sidewalks of Main Street, snuggling with your loved ones while a beautiful rendition of "Silent Night" soars through the air and snowflakes tickle your nose...it's perfect. So perfect you almost don't notice that the simulated "snow" is being mysteriously blown out of the old-fashioned streetlamp replicas and you are sandwiched between thousands of strangers who often don't even speak your language. It's that good.

5 comments:

Maleen said...

The goobers are on my hit list right now. Ivory has goopy eyes...they just leak and goop up all the time. I think it is from allergies, but it bugs me. And Daisy has a blocked tear duct on one side, so she has a constant goopy eye which I constantly clean out. I better keep my fingers clean because I am sticking them in my kids' eyes all the time.

Shaunee said...

I'm laughing at the packing one... we are headed to Disneyland for 8 days and I always think the kids have to have 2 outfits per day... you never know what will happen!

S&F Seminario said...

This was WELL worth the wait, my favorites were the Disneyland at Christmas AND stealing product from Jaime. CLASSIC.

Emilie said...

I really can't throw anything away either! I am glad to find other people that have my same problems :) I really enjoy your blog even if I don't post all the time. By the way, you HAVE to go to Purple Turtle.

Emily S. said...

Love it! How funny your man teaches ice skating>??!