Sunday, October 19, 2008

Brace Yourself: ANOTHER Lagoon post


Well, we have season passes what are you gonna do?
Lagoon actually does a really good job of decking the place out for Halloween. There are a lot of haunted attractions, which I never get to go to because we always have the kids and there is no way I am sitting in those crazy lines for hours.
The leaves were really pretty in Pioneer Village so we took some quick shots there of the fam.

This one could have been cute but Zan was more interested in swatting at the leaves than paying attention to anyone else.

I was hoping this one would work out but Zan still wasn't interested in doing anything anyone wanted him too. I have never met a more independent child in my life, I swear and he just happens to be mine.

There is this really cool gun museum type thing in Pioneer Village that I don't know how we have missed in the past, but believe me David and the boys were loving it this time, which of course spelled trouble:

And even bigger trouble:

I believe Jaden is auditioning for The Good, The Bad and the Ugly: the remake. Seriously look at this kid's face...he's not kidding around.
So, there were of course WAY too many people which really hampered my enjoyment of the evening. Why can't people just go somewhere else when I plan on attending an event? Well, not everybody, I suppose we need some background people to add to the ambiance, but they must move when their presence becomes a nuisance, right? Ahhh...if only.
Since I pretty much missed the shows this summer (and because my dad insists on watching every one of them each time he goes), we tried to catch the first showing of "Vampires Awakening" while David took the kids on the kiddie rides (David hates the shows and no matter how much my dad pesters him, he stands his ground).

If the picture here looks like a blur of scantily clad dancers, harsh blue-toned mood lighting and strobe lights that is because that is exactly what the show was. I'm not usually one to get offended or anything by quote/unquote "racy" performances because if it is too much, I just leave. But this show had NOTHING to do with Halloween besides the conveniently-timed popularity of Rhianna's "Disturbia" hit. Seriously, they just took the teen show they already had, put the performers in scary make-up and really over-the-top black (barely there) outfits and added the fog and strobe lights.
I think "Vampire Awakening" ended up being a rude awakening for many guests as the provocative dancing had people with kids getting up and leaving throughout...which included me because the strobe lights were getting annoying.
On the other side of the park they had a more kid-friendly, genuinely Halloween-themed show that featured some well-known monsters like Frankenstein and Dracula. The bonus was that they also had picture opportunities afterwards which my camera-happy kiddies were happy to oblige and pose for.

Looking at these pictures, makes me realize I am going to have to spring for a new coat for Ashton this year. He has obviously outgrown this one.
They had some amazingly crazy pictures of kids outside the kiddie trick or treat walk-thru and I wanted to post them so bad, but alas I was plagued with another camera malfunction which amounted to dead batteries and my refusal to pay twice the price to buy some at Lagoon.
I only got this one, which was like the tamest of them all and I only took a picture of it because it happened to be free of rambunctious children jumping up and down in front of it. Little did I know it would be the only one. Maybe I will make it back there to catch some of the other wild ones:

And then we were done. David and Zander had had colds the past few days and were suffering a relapse from the chilly night air so we called it a night (but not before I took up my friend Maleen's suggestion of trying Pumpkin hot chocolate at Starbucks on the way home...yum!)
I will leave you with this photo (they had ghouls like this roaming the whole park) that was going to be good before Alisha walked up and just stood there in front of everyone for no reason. Oh well. I'm starting to expect these things to happen now. Perfect pictures just don't happen so I am going to have to get over it.

5 comments:

Emilie said...

Looks like fun! I have wanted to go to Frightmares for a long time, but I thought my girls would get scared. Maybe they won't though!

Deanne said...

I can't get enough of your Lagoon posts! Sorry about the strobe lights and the scantily clad show. It looks like it was a fun day after all was said and done.

Cindy B said...

It sounds like fun, although I hate crowds and the long drive. Your comment about the 'most independent child I ever met, just happens to be mine' made me laugh. I swear I say that about my Sarah all the time too. Hmm, wonder where they get this stubborn - I mean, independent streak from? Couldn't be their moms, could it? It must be from grandparents, right? Right?

Maleen said...

Well, none of my children are stubborn...thank goodness :)
You still can't really take a bad family picture since your family is so cute.
I wonder if we will ever go to Lagoon. In the meantime, I will live through you.

S&F Seminario said...

Three things:
1. You are cute and skinny.
2. Thanks for posting on my brother's blog that was so nice.
3. I tagged you on my blog.