
Doesn't this just say it all?
But come on, this is me we are talking about, so of course I'm not just going to let it go at that.
We went out wakeboarding with our friends on their boat and the weather was just gorgeous. I haven't been on a boat in a really long time and it was just relaxing and fun. David (who is good at everything) pulled some nice moves on the board and I even captured a few of them...


All of the guys (and girls) we were with were really good, I just had to include this pic because Rick is catching so much air
And then finally at the end, they convinced me to give it a shot. Now, I've been on a boat before of course, I even semi-tried wakeboarding once when I was like 21 or something. I was with a bunch of guys and I got a few shots at getting up and when it didn't work out, that was it. This time, I spent a few tries doing this:
and this....
But finally on the fourth try (...pause...I am taking a big risk here posting this picture with my thunder thighs on full display, but I have to document the proof)
Success!
Then I tried to fix my shorts and face planted. They all told me that fixing your shorts was like lesson 10 and I was going to have to throw modesty concerns to the wind until I figured out to stay up with two hands, let alone one.
I got up a time or two more (briefly) and then I was done. Pretty decent, but now I want to go more.
So what if the water in Utah Lake resembles the color and consistency of a rootbeer float? (not in a good way) Once you are in it and have swallowed a few mouthfuls after a wipeout or two, it's all the same.
Now just as summer is starting to wind down, I'm ready for it to get going!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Summer Lovin
Posted by Stacy at 11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I am so proud of you that is fantastic! You DO NOT have thunder thighs! It is an impressive photo. You look like a pro. Also what a fun pioneer day. You guys are always up to something. I want to hand out with you all the time. I know that there will be some kind of fun going on!
I am cracking up because I face planted my first time wakeboarding for the exact same reason! The only thing I could think about when I finally got up was my thighs flapping in the wind (by the way, your thighs look VERY much in shape and not thundery at all). I agree wholeheartedly about the Utah Lake water. It only takes a couple of wipeouts to become one with the water.
You've inspired me! I'm totally going to try next time we're out on the lake. I've gotten so far into Mommy Mode, believing that my time for stuff like that has passed...but now I see the light!
xoxo
Cory
Good for you. Never have been able to do it.
P.S. Katie didn't work with me at Novell. Jodi, on the right did. We visited Katie while we were on a work trip to NYC. Should have clarified.
Good job! I am not sure that I could wakeboard, I think I would make a complete idiot of myself. You guys look like you are always doing fun stuff, summer is the best isn't it?
You really have no idea how jealous I am that you got up on the wake board. I am HORRIBLE at it. I have decided to just stop trying for a few summers because it doesn't bring out the best or the best language in me. Uhhh... but I do love boating! I totally agree with you- I feel like summer is just getting into full swing and it is already August :(
yeah-- I'll never get up on one of those. Way to go!!
Isn't wakeboarding so much fun...and a little scary too. I find myself screaming a lot when I do it. It seems to help with my fear. Its the dang wake that scares me...i'm afraid of getting too much air and falling right on my face. Did you love your face plant...hurts doesn't it. I did that my first time and almost didn't do it again. I haven't been boating yet this year and its killing me!
Post a Comment