Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Note to fellow Lagoon-goers

Just because there exists a small water park nestled inside the much larger theme park Lagoon, does not give a person license to walk around the entire park in your wet swim attire and bare feet.
It seems every year I go to Lagoon, people are wearing less and less clothing, and I'm not talking about the type of people you would see gracing the covers of Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue if you know what I mean. (Pictures omitted for obvious reasons.)
Look, I know it's hot, but this is a family-friendly environment, or at least it is supposed to be. And you are not winning any beauty pageants in that get-up so kindly pack a T-shirt next time you venture out in that bikini, would ya?
(ps....I know none of my readers are this type of person, but I had to vent on some forum, you know?)

(***Update, I know we all have to strip down and rock the suit at the pool, or actually IN the water park, and I am no Barbie Doll either. It is those choice few that choose to continue sporting the string bikini (that they barely squeezed into in the first place) around the rest of the park where all the rest of us (well most of us) are fully clothed that are borderline offensive. And yes, we do have season passes to Lagoon...unfortunately.)


On a cuter note...Z was all tuckered out after a very hot afternoon at Lagoon and since his carseat is no longer that conducive to comfortable sleeping, he had to make due with what he had for a pillow:


And these are my two older boys goofing off in the photo booth:

11 comments:

Maleen said...

Amen. I go to the pool and wish some people would put a t-shirt on. Then again, I was wearing a maternity swimsuit and I am sure there were people wishing they didn't have to see that. So, I should stop pointing fingers, at least for one more week.

p.s. I always love your comments on my blog. Thanks for reading.

Spencer and Joanie said...

Umm, I am sorry I offended you...You are exactly right....I promise next time I will bring a t-shirt! I am glad we are friends, so you could tell me all of this! ;)

So do you have a season pass or something? It seems you are always at Lagoon?? Is it that fun? Maybe I should venture out...It is where 'FUN' is...right?

Emily S. said...

What a sleepy sweetie!! I didn't comment on your 4th of July posts... but here are a few notes:
1. I LOVE Gurus. I forgot about Gurus. I miss Gurus.

2. You really packed in a TON of fun in that one day! Good for you and goor for you for taking so many photos!

3. YOu STILL look young. both of ya!

:)

Michelle said...

I love Lagoon. I haven't been there for about 5 years. Gavin is too small now, but maybe next year!

Unknown said...

AMEN!!! I totally agree, one thing I've noticed here in CA people are wearing less and less than I'm used to and their mid sections are growing more and more (I'm no barbie either, but at least it's covered) :) oh well How are my fav neighbors doing?

Deanne said...

Note taken. I'll try to remember a cover up next time. I loved your 2nd 4th post (did that make sense?...second installment of 4th of July festivities), and for what it's worth, I hope you don't start editing to make your posts shorter because a) I enjoy all of your posts and b) it makes me feel like I'm not alone in slightly lengthy posts. Sorry about the first attempt at root beer floats.

Doug and Becca said...

I'm having that problem with Taylor's car seat. I feel so bad when i look back at him and his head is way too the side. hopefully they don't get kinks. Its been a long time since i've been the lagoon...maybe i don't want to go now :)

Spencer and Joanie said...

WHAT?!?!?!?! NEVER?!?!?!?! So when are we going then? I am serious...30 years and not ONE pedicure??? Let's make the appointment (give me 2 weeks then I will be ready for another)! I can pick you up...

Emilie said...

We love Lagoon, but for some reason we don't usually go to Lagoona Beach. Any tips on what day of the week is best to go to Lagoon?

S&F Seminario said...

I'm back from California where I had similar feelings while on the beach. One very nice older Asian gentleman in a speedo reminded me of Europe where things can be even worse in the public bathing attire department. But Americans are fatter in general. So, I guess it's a trade off. Thanks for your posts for me even when I was MIA.

Jodi said...

i can't agree more. Why is a water park an invitation to sport whatever attire you wish?