I'm sensing a summer-induced disease that has begun to spread to perhaps an epidemic known as a blogosphere funk. Some of my favorite blogs have been notably vacant as of late....Loooooooong stretches between posts grow even longer and we get a lot of "I'll leave that for another post..." nonsense. What are you people having a life or something? Well then, we want to read about it! Yes, I know, I may be slightly guilty myself (or infected shall we say?) by posting videos instead of long-winded diatribes and choosing to enjoy an outdoor activity with my family versus sitting glued to my computer plugged into the blogosphere. But, when I want to sit down and read some good stuff and laugh at some cute pictures of all your cute kids all I get is that same old blog post from 2-3 weeks ago staring back at me...
There is only one cure: Duct tape your digital camera to your computer so you have no choice but to finally download those adorable and awesome photos from last week's swimming fiasco or camping adventure or roadtrip gone wrong or whatever it is that has been occupying you. I know one of your kids did or said something crazy or if you don't have kids, YOU certainly did or said something crazy. Come on. Get the creative juices flowing, I want some witty and well-written recounting of your summertime exploits!
On another note, if you have ever wondered where that pesky "other sock" is when you can't find a match, might I suggest that this little laundry bandit might have ransacked your home:
ZANDER: THE SOCK THIEF
This little clothing crook is always nabbing socks all over the house (clean or dirty) and he only wants ONE, the other sock is left to fade away into missing-its-match oblivion. After wandering around with it for awhile firmly clenched in his grasp, he often will stash it somewhere in his room with all the other misfit socks who have lost their significant other.
Give me the sock Zander....
No!....
Now is the time for his quick getaway, sock in hand of course...
Oh, he also likes to steal trash.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
The Sock Thief and a Blogosphere Funk?
Posted by Stacy at 9:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
you're makin' me laugh!
I'm working on it, I'm working on it... I need to get through summer school and maybe I'll have the energy to blog again. :(
I'm blaming it on my three kids and those pregnancies that have fried my brains. All my creative juices were taken (and still continue to do so ) by them :)
I'm going to come looking for my socks....
And sorry, we will all try to be better bloggers. Just.For.You.
Well, of course I have been stalking you as usual, but I am behind in my comments, so here is a catch up.
First, No one can compete with your writing, and so that is why everyone is ina funk. I also think that Zander has been to my house recently. I can't find some of the boys socks, and it is driving me CRAZY!!!
Second, That is the coolest thing about Jaime! I almost went with Meg to see Jordin, but alas, the last thing I wanted to do was dit my fat self in the grass, and not being able to get my large self up after the show, and the grass looking like a herd of cows had bedded down for the night.
Third, I LOVED LOVED LOVED that routine on SYTYCD! I never really watch that show, but I happened to catch that dance. I wanted to watch it over and over. I loved it. Let's get together, and watch the show together, and we can let Ashton and Ethan come up with some type of mischief!
Fourth, Ashton is HYSTERICAL!! I want Ethan to be his little buddy. They would get along so well. When can we get together?! Of course I would have to ask him not to tell Ethan about the older women thing. I don't know if I am ready for that. That was so funny. What a little stud! What group is he in, and can I copy you and put Ethan in something like that? You are a genius, and where did you find this little group. I want to be a mom just like you!
PS- Love the new blog look, and sorry for the blasted novel. I sure love ya!! Oh, and my blog is private, and no one from my ward is invited for obvious reasons of course!
I am guilty of being part of the blogosphere funk. I will try to make things right. soon. In the meantime, I have certainly enjoyed catching up with your happenings. Ashton cracks me up! I'm heading over to Jamie's blog to congratulate her on a job well done.
OK OK OK I will do better, and I will be by after church to collect my socks! Hey I saw you at the Freedom Fest watching jaden. I kept trying to get Daves attention because your eyeballs were glued to the performance (that I have seen 2 no 3 hundred times) But to no avail-did not get to even get a wave in!
Post a Comment