
Oh, hey. What's up? I'm Zander Kent and welcome to my crib....literally.

And yes, as the shirts says: "I still live with my parents." Okay, so I know it's kind of on the plain side, but us boys like to keep it simple, except when it comes to car collections which according to my brother must be massive and include every model ever created.
So, it's obvious my mom has been documenting our every move and posting it on this blog, but I thought you might want to get the lowdown from the source. The mind of the coolest one-year-old on the block.
My day usually starts with some vocal exercises that I like to practice in my crib when I wake up. I'm trying to get my screeching to optimum level and things are going pretty well in that department. I used to wake up around 6:30 or 7 am with the sun but my mom thought she was pretty smart and hung a blanket over my window to keep my room dark. This bought her an hour or so more of sleep which I guess is okay because now she comes in my room in the morning with a smile instead of a demon sleepwalking growl that tries to stuff a bottle in my face. Yea, that wasn't working.
So, then we head downstairs for some hanging out time. My mom usually has to go into the office a lot and do stuff on that TV with a big thing that has buttons to push attached(by the way, I LOVE that thing, I am always trying to climb on the chair in front of it and push as many buttons as possible before I get caught. This usually creates funny things to pop up all over the screen which is so cool!)
So I just like to cruise around the house and bother my older brother. His name is Ashton and he is the most awesome grown up boy that I have ever met. His room has so many cool toys that I want to play with all the time. If I can find my way to sneak up the stairs, I usually get caught in my brother's room playing with whatever I can get my hands on.
My mom usually tries to feed me in the morning. She just doesn't understand that I don't want that mushy baby food stuff anymore. I don't know how many times I have to hit that spoon and let food fly all over for her to get it. I want to eat big people food even though it is kinda hard for me to chew and swallow it. I only have six teeth for crying out loud! She usually cuts things up for me and puts it on my tray but the real truth is that it is WAY more fun to pick them up and throw them over the side on the floor. I LOVE doing that! Anything on the tray makes such a cool noise when it hits the floor. And then when she takes me out I like to sneak and eat the food off the floor before she picks it all up. Everybody knows that food tastes way better when you can steal it off the floor. Duh.
Lately my mom and dad have been trying to get me to wear this helmet thing on my head which I am not cool with. In fact, I have devised a way to make my head break out in crazy spots all over by my own sheer will power when they make me wear it. The doctors and everyone can't figure out why, it's hilarious, I think "I'm in the clear!". But then, I hear my mom talking of "one last try" and so I simply figured out how to take the dumb thing off myself and now what are they going to do? I mean, seriously, look at this thing, would you go around sporting that? 
But back to my day. Besides cruising around... Oh, did I mention that I have almost got the walking thing down? My mom and dad have me walk back and forth between them and I can do like 10 steps, I am so good. And then they like clap and cheer and laugh and I am the center of attention. I love that.
So anyways, I like to find small and weird places that I can crawl into. Drawers of any kind, shelves, anywhere I think I can squeeze into. 
My family is pretty cool. My mom is great and all and she takes care of me most of the time, but my dad is awesome. He is like a giant-sized version of my brother Ashton who is my idol. Daddy wrestles with me and lets me sit in the car with him and pretend to drive. I just can't get enough of him. 
Oh, I forgot, something else my dad is so awesome at is when he tickles my head and neck. Man, I love that! I could fall asleep.
So my brother Ashton and I have a love/hate relationship going. I love him and he hates me! ...Aw, just kidding. Kind of. He loves me most of the time but he really doesn't like me always trying to play with his toys. And he really hates it when I always turn off the TV when he is watching it. But, come on, how can you resist pushing a huge glowing blue button over and over again? And it makes him so crazy it is definitely worth it.
This is my grandma who comes to watch us every once and awhile. She is the bomb, because she let's me do whatever I want. If mom says no, pretty much guaranteed with a few whimpers or screams, grandma will give in no problem. I love when she comes over because I know that it is good times all day long!
So that's my life. Pretty decent. Just pretty much stay cool and continue to torture everyone around me, you know the drill. So thanks for stopping by...Peace out.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Boy Meets World: A Day in the life of Zander
Posted by Stacy at 7:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
So nice to hear your side of the story. Thanks for letting your mom play on her blog. It's a really good tool for us moms to stay connected. Nice move with the helmet! Best of luck with your many adventures!
Seriously, you can get your helmet off all by yourself?? You and Ivory should definitely hang out. She can teach you all kinds of neat tricks and things to get into that will really drive your mommy crazy. You are too cool, little man, but don't grow up too fast or your mom will have to have another little bundle to get even with you (and then she can remind me what a real whale looks like, as if :)
Stac, you are the greatest, and I love that He is just such a jolly happy man. He looks great in his helmet! Seriously, he is still so dang cute!
Seriously ENTERTAINING! Down to the last "crawling away" picture!!
And yet, eerily terrifying, as I picture my own 6-month old in such a short time. YIKES!!!
So cute. I may have to steal your idea. He's a cute cute boy with BIG ideas. I love that onesie too.
Yeah Zander, I hear ya. My life is just like yours, only you have a big brother instead of a princess playing big sister. So don't feel too bad.
--Sammy
You and Ashley should hook up. You guys would really enjoy throwing food on the floor together and then eating it once your down. You two could team up and annoy your older brothers together.
You're funny Stacey. I loved reading this post!
I finally read your novel by "Zander" as if anyone is buying that.....Cute. Oh...I finally posted.
Post a Comment