Here are just a few samplings of conversations I have had with him today:
#1
"Mother, I was so happy when Voltron (his favorite cartoon) came into my life, that was in days long, long ago..."
#2
"Mommy, do you talk to heavenly father in your mind?"
"Yes," I said.
"That is what I was just doing," he said.
"Really? What were you saying?" I asked.
"I was appreciating to him (grammatics recounted word for word) for helping me get better." (he has been really sick the past few days and we prayed a lot for him to get well.)
As he walked away he added, "He is the Lord, right?"
"Right."
#3
After I hung up the cell phone while driving in the car Ashton asked who I was talking to, after I said daddy he said "Oh, that's what I thought."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Well, you were talking normal," he simply stated.
"What? How do I not talk normal to other people?"
"I don't know, I don't speak that language."
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Why I Love Ashton
Posted by Stacy at 4:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I think it is funny how we just assume that our kids don't eavesdrop on some of our conversations, but they soak up so much. Silly sponges.
Oh my gosh, that is hilarious. I love the one about you on the phone with Dave. Isn't it funny how they pick things up. How precious with him talking to Heavenly Father. Cute kid! Taylor hears me answer the phone "Diamond Peak this is Becca" and surprised me when he picked up the phone and said it.
How do they think this stuff up? I love little kids!
Hi Stacy! I am so glad you found me, what a small world. It looks like you are doing well and keeping plenty busy! Your kids are darling. How fun to have two boys. I'm going to put you on my sidebar so I can keep checking in... and I hope you come over to mine too! camadamsfamily.blogspot.com.
You forgot how when I came over he said his usual: "Jamie is my arch enemy and I wont give her a hug"
Post a Comment