Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Sickness Returns....


This post shall be short and sweet as I am exhausted. These are the days when being a mother can perhaps drive you to insanity. Zander has been experiencing some lingering effects from his 10 day series (actually two different times) of antibiotics for his ear infections which were a lasting reminder of those wonderful colds we all shared a month or two ago. When I say "lingering effects" I mean the kind that shoot out every available escape of his diaper at least 10 times a day and cause me to frequent both the bathtub for him and the washing machine for the clothes.
I woke up this morning with a pounding headache and bit of nausea. By noon, I had to take a nap (a rare occurrence) but felt better afterwards and brushed it off. Next thing I know Ashton is walking around complaining that his stomach hurts and actually, we are talking VOLUNTARILY, went upstairs, got into bed and took a nap. But the nap did not do for him what it did for me because halfway into his beloved Voltron cartoon, he walks up to me in the living room gives me a panicked "Mom, I'm hungry!" and projectile vomits all over me and the carpet. Three times. (Well, by the second time we had made it to the kitchen floor which I thought could better withstand the blows....literally). So me and Resolve spent all night trying get things back to normal while David made the obligatory trip to the store for Sprite and crackers.
So as it turns out, Zander is not suffering from the antibiotics aftereffects, but has been infected with yet another bug to share with all of us. I can't wait for summer, for some reason things like this just happen a lot less.
As a last thought, isn't it funny how Ashton mistook the pangs of imminent sickness with those of hunger? I guess it is just one of those life experiences that you have to go through to know the difference.

5 comments:

Maleen said...

I'm so sorry. Especially with the good weather just coming back, no one should have to be sick right now. I am thanking my lucky stars that everyone is well right now, and please let it last through Easter. Well, really I would ask for it please to last through Christmas, but I think that is asking a lot.

Ker said...

I too am sorry, but am feeling your pain. Mason has been barfing for 2 days. Grrr. Mom and Dad are tired, and we have turned our house into a laundry mat. Summer come quick!

Ace said...

Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear about you guys all being sick. Been there. I woke up once to Monkey projectile vomiting all over me and my bed. Lovely. :)

Jen said...

Poor kids, and poor you! Parker and Spencer both got a bug. I can't handle another gross diaper or throw up mess to clean up. I feel for you!

Paul and Angela Baird said...

Aghhhh Motherhood. It's why we're almost guaranteed Goddesshood! Where did you find Vultron cartoons. I LOVED Vultron as a kid!