Sunday, March 23, 2008

Our Easter Weekend

So despite our various ailments this last week, we still ventured out for our scheduled Easter festivities on Saturday. The day began with a little Easter Egg Hunt.

Since our own neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt was during the big family party, we decided to hit the old stomping ground over in Orem with some of our old friends. While Ashton and I scoured the field for the eggs David and Zander relaxed in the grass.


Though Ashton hadn't been feeling well that morning he managed to perk up and enjoy the morning.

Then it was time for the big Stone family party with all the cousins and second cousins, etc. etc. While Ashton enjoyed the bonding with the cousins....

Zander was very unhappy the whole time, he was missing his nap and was not well pleased. Luckily, since my sister Jamie is currently a cripple after having foot surgery, she was happy to just sit with him during much of the party.
Thanks Jamie!


Ashton and Grandma Kent who also came to join us:


Easter morning rolls around and since Zander woke up two hours before Ashton did, I had a great time trying to keep him from all the candy "hidden" around the family room from the Easter Bunny. Here is Zander relishing success and enjoying his first sucker (which I allowed for two minutes tops) and David who was having trouble staying alert during the Candy gathering operation:

Ashton made out pretty good (see him here in all his morning glory) and seeing all the candy bulging out of his basket, I cringe. Note to self: WAY less candy next year, it's better for everyone:

Zander also enjoyed a few Easter surprises:

So as Easter comes to a close quicker than it came (can you believe how fast it came this year?) I put Ashton to bed trying to help him understand why we really celebrate this holiday. Honestly how can you tie the Savior's resurrection into a big creepy bunny, eggs and candy in four year old terms? Luckily, Ashton seems to be very in tune because after my awkward attempts to tie it all together he said, "Remember God made you special, and he loves you very much." (Which apparently is a quote from Veggie Tales, but hey, whatever works).
Now, as the house quiets down I have time to enjoy a few little Easter vices that are the primary reason as to why the holiday was commercialized:


Cadbury has somehow taken the recipe for chocolate and made it into perfection. Fortunately for me, these babies are only around once a year because considering I want to devour them by the dozen, that is obviously too much as it is. But hey, this is a holiday, I'm back on track tomorrow right?

5 comments:

S&F Seminario said...

Stacy,
I laugh. You are so fun. I especially love to read your comments like, "We don't pray to the easter bunny" and the one about how his inspirational quote was from veggie tales, mostly because I feel like you say it in the same voice you used to use with me back in LDC when you were giving me a warning about some weird guy in choir or making some other serious comment that wasn't really too serious. You have got to be the most fun to watch as a mom. I love it. Write a sitcom.

Jodi said...

Well I am glad that you guys were able to enjoy Easter despite being sick a little. I LOVE Easter- it is such a fun holiday!

Deanne said...

Ditto about the big creepy bunny. This year I told my kids I asked the easter bunny not to come because he creeps me out. They were severely disappointed until I told them maybe I would give it a shot. They were very surprised that they still had a great time! I think that Cadbury eggs are evil, but I still managed to down two full bags almost by myself (I do have 4 kids and a husband I can blame, but if we're being honest, it was all me). I'm so glad you came to the old stomping grounds!

Tyson,Brandy,Chanel, Crew said...

sooo... I am so addicted to those mini chocolate eggs! I always stock up and eat way too many of them. I love your blog! It's so fun. I actually like it better than Facebook & Myspace!

Maleen said...

Cadbury, what a devil. I admit to making it through three bags this year with a little help from the kids (but very little).
But I agree with you, way too much candy. I think next year we put money in the eggs...then they can buy their own candy :)