This is my awesome and gorgeous husband turning 28 today....
We celebrated on Sunday because this week he is in Phoenix for work and is unfortunately spending his birthday today couped up in a conference center listening to training drones.
But we at home are thinking of him and all his cuteness ;)
Since his is turning 28 I decided to list 2 things that bug me about David (come on, let's be realistic, every spouse has those annoyances and since it is his birthday I get to give him a hard time) and 8 things that I absolutely love about him. Because, of course, there is so much more to love about him then be irritated at, right?
2 THINGS THAT DRIVE ME CRAZY ABOUT DAVID:
1. He is physically incapable of picking up after himself in our bedroom/bathroom. No matter what I say or do, even if I have just made everything sparkling clean, he immediately throws his clothes all over with the promise "I'll take care of it later"...later never comes. Even with my well-placed reminders...later never comes. I've given up.
2. He is in another relationship. David has an ongoing affair with the XBox. Now, I'm not the jealous type, I understand he has his things he enjoys and I've always known about it (how could I not?). But, man, what was Microsoft thinking when they launched XBox Live coupled with "Call of Duty"? Any free moment David has, he is feeling the "call of duty" to his Xbox "bros" and this idiotic war game. He tries to compromise, we make deals and I see his "efforts" to try and limit his time on the frontlines of modern warfare. But many a night I fall asleep to the sound of gunshots ringing throughout my house, I'm beginning to be able to decipher between assault and sniper rifles. And, no joke, Ashton actually requests that David "play his game" while he falls asleep upstairs. What is our household coming to when our six year old would prefer to be comforted and lulled to sleep not with a soothing lullaby, but machine guns?
8 THINGS I ADORE ABOUT DAVID:
1. He is good at almost everything he does. It is maddening how good he is at multiple things. While I try and claim proficiency at one or two things, he can claim "pro" status to any number of sports and such and he usually masters something new very quickly. Hmmm...maybe I should put this under the things that bug, maybe not if I can get him to apply it to household chores :)
2. He is a loving and caring husband. Not a day goes by where David doesn't tell me he loves me several times a day. He also loves to swoop me up in a kiss or hug throughout the day, no matter what I'm doing.
3. He has gorgeous eyes that reflect his moods. The first thing I noticed about David was his vibrant blue eyes. A trait both my boys have inherited luckily. But they are more than that, I can read his every mood in his eyes. They gleam with enthusiasm over exciting events (his eyebrows also jitter too when he is excited, I find it endlessly charming and enduring and he hates it) and they can also be a pool of sadness when he is down. He can never get anything past me because of those eyes.
4. He is a fun-loving and trustworthy father. If anyone in this world loves David more than me, it is his boys. They idolize him. Ashton has always been a Mommy's boy, but he wants so much to be like his dad and he loves spending time with him. Since Zander is a ball of boy energy, he and David are like two peas in a pod. Nothing makes my boys happier than when they wrestle with Daddy. And I know I am lucky when I say that I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to leave him with the boys for an extended period of time. Though the house may be a disaster when I return, I know he can take care of them just as good and in some cases better than me :)
5. He has a wealth of unusual knowledge . I may be "book smart", but David just knows a lot about the world. I don't know if it was all the National Geographic he watched growing up or even the oddball science shows or nature programs he likes to watch now, but he just knows stuff. Though I have made some efforts to reform myself recently, I am just not, by nature (pun intended), an outdoorsy person. Thus, I don't know a lot about those types of things, but if I ever have a question, David knows the answer. And he will usually fill me in on all sorts of little known facts about places or things as we drive by or hike through an area. Also, the guy knows cars like none other and he can spot a luxury vehicle from a block away through swarms of traffic. He then will spew out all sorts of (useless to me) "important" stats and ammenities of the car and specific model. He should host the American version Top Gear.
6. He is freakin hot. Enough said.
7. He makes me want to be a better person. Neither of us are perfect and we both stumble and don't always do what we need to be doing spiritually or otherwise. The funny thing with us is, we usually are never down at the same time. The other person is always there to try and lift the other up. Granted, I will admit that it sometimes has the opposite effect and we end up dragging the other person's spirits down, but when we get it right, I love that we can be there for eachother. He is very encouraging of me in my efforts and always makes me want to do better. He has been a crying (....and kicking and screaming) shoulder for me many a time.
8. We are completely opposite in so many ways, yet just right for eachother. He likes all things boy and I am mostly a girly-girl. We really don't like the same movies most of the time and only agree on a few songs. I am an anxious ball of nervous energy and he is pretty laid-back. I'm always late and he always wants to be early. But somehow we are best friends. He makes me laugh and cares about me like I never knew anyone could and he is the first person I want to tell when something happens in my day. I am lucky and there is no one else I would want to spend forever with.
Love you David, and here's to hoping this birthday wish comes true...
But this is the Kent household, which means Zander always gets the last word, the candles had to be re-lit so HE could blow them out:
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
The Birthday Boy-A Tribute
Posted by Stacy at 1:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
STACY YOU HAVE A BLOG!!! So do I you'll have to visit it: whitandkristimiller.blogspot.com! PS love the 2 bugs and the 8 loves! I'm there with you on the 2 bugs...except it's not xbox..mine's on the computer with America's Army, and a couple others...don't know why these men love them! haha anyway totally miss you!
So cute. What a nice little tribute. I had no idea he was THAT MUCH younger than you (or me even). Well, it's not THAT MUCH, I just didn't know it was that much. Anyway. Cute stories. Sorry about the xbox. SO grateful that Aaron doesn't have an addiction like that.
That is a fabulous looking cake! Happy birthday to David!
Post a Comment