Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Simple Start...

This was yesterday...



Nothing special. Just the annual Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma Stone's, but something about the way the sunlight hit those bubbles and made them look magical reminded me that I wanted and needed to be taking more pictures. That I was getting caught up in the every day and was missing capturing that magic of childhood for my children to remember.
Then I thought of this long lost blog.
Well, what can I say, really? Nothing. As that is just what I have done for months. Now don't get me wrong, I've still been running my mouth as usual in real life, it's just that I somehow forgot that I really did want to make this great book of blogs as a keepsake of my family's memories. Technical difficulties with uploading pictures would pop up and instead of trying to work them out, I just moved on and missed sharing so many great moments.
My poor kids were cursed with a mother who has absolutely no scrapbooking creativity or drive to cultivate it for that matter, so their entire childhood has thus far been pasted to one half a scrapbook page before being abandoned entirely. That would be the scrapbook page, not their childhood.
But I do like to write, and I miss it. I need this outlet for my wit and sarcasm which is just entirely too charming to keep bottled up inside my head, right? And I feel like I've forgotten how to let my internal daily musings translate into the written word in the entertaining and quirky fashion in which I strive for.
So, I am going to make a simple start. Perhaps a more relaxed approach to this will stimulate the comedic brain cells lost in the recesses of my mind. If they haven't been completely obliterated by the soul-killing, daily grind of processing mortgage loans.
So, just a short re-cap of our lives since last summer. It actually pains me to do this, as I search for just ONE picture to capture a great experience or time in our lives. Perhaps someday I will have the time to give all the pictures over-running my computer their due justice...someday.

David's sister Sarah got married (this actually happened before my last post, but I failed to document it). Here we are as part of the wedding party:



Ashton celebrated his sixth birthday with SpongeBob:



And my 87 year old Grandmother gave everyone a run for their money with the pinata:



David and I drove down to Vegas and had an absolute blast running in the Ragnar Relay Race in early October. David was amazing. He ran almost all uphill in the blazing sun for close to 9 miles. My longest run was just over six miles and was only about half uphill, but it felt so great to finish it.



We went to a great Halloween party dressed as "Retro Barbie and Ken go to the Prom"



And Ashton scared up a storm as "Evil Scarecrow". I guess this is the age where they stop wanting to be superheroes and start wanting to have blood dripping from their mouths?



Christmas came and we made Gingerbread Houses and built ENORMOUS snowmen in our front yard that, unfortunately, didn't make it through the night :)




And we capped off the year with Christmas at Disneyland which is always my dream vacation. We even made it to the beach this time and Ashton and Z were able to see the ocean for the first time:




I would have to say that 2010 so far has been a little uneventful or else I just haven't documented it very well. But Zander sure does look cute puckering up, so we will give him the last word (Please ignore Alisha's backside making a cameo appearance in the background)



Oh, and I was trying to liven up the blog layout a bit creatively, though if you remember aforementioned lack of such skills you might want to throw some tips my way. Say, some cool fonts and how to get them on your blog?

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Haha! Grandma!

Deanne said...

A wonderful start! I loved it all.

Linda Winegar said...

you guys are sooo cute. I just love family times. :) The scarecrow was pretty scary!

Maleen said...

I do miss all your witty posts and even your more serious ones. More importantly, if you leave the blogging sphere, you are missing all of OUR witty posts.

Like I ever have anything important to say. I am glad to see you back though and you look fabulous as Barbie.