Saturday, September 6, 2008

Halloween on the Horizon...A Pictorial

Once upon a time there lived a crazy old man....



Who had a son who looked just like him:



They were rather peaceful folk except for the four-horned midget beast who lived in their basement...


....and wore the same clothes as the Old Man's lookalike son. Weird, huh?

Their neighbor was also a strange character, a former member of the rock band Kiss who had turned into a maniac cannibal and grew horns:



His wife had a strange affinity for over-sized hats and could hardly tolerate the man....



A Young Viking maiden believed the lot to be inherently evil and vowed to conquer the hideous brood and rid the world of their malevolence.



She was aided in battle by her strapping young son who not only had a difficult time keeping his viking helmet on, but stumbled around aimlessly under the weight of the warrior horns.





The Viking Maiden and her clumsy sidekick were victorious nonetheless and the loss of the peculiar people was mourned only by these strangely-veiled mystery women who kept retail price tags prominently displayed on their accessories as a matter of sacred reverence...



Oh, and this strange little fellow who had a steel skeleton head and, oddly enough, similar taste in clothing as the late midget Old Man and four-horned beast.



And that was my lame attempt to pull together a story from some random pictures we took today at a fun Halloween shop up in Salt Lake. Halloween is a favorite around here, but I doubt we will be donning any of these getups for the big night. But it was fun to look...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Halloween, too! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

P and L said...

I really thought your narrative was compelling in all the right ways (meaning it nicely tied together all the costumes!).
-L

Michelle said...

Great post and have a mentioned lately that I LOVE Your long and lucious locks? I'm balding. It's sad really.

Maleen said...

I love Halloween so, I can't wait for October. I always tell myself that I have to wait to decorate until then. It works some years.
Your story was great and you are looking so good. The diet must be working. Yahoo.

Jessi said...

LOVE the story! ha ha! You're so creative. And happy birthday Ashton! What a fun party!