A while back Keri challenged us to post our most embarrassing moment, as I have had many there were a lot to choose from but I decided that I was actually too embarrassed to even write about them.
However, I just remembered one that was quite funny (if a little off color) the other day. In college I was in an institute performing choir called Latter Day Celebration at UVSC (which I think is now called UVU). Anyway, my first year our show was patriotic in nature and the women wore these sparkled little numbers that were high-waisted, red one-piece culottes. They accentuated the chest area quite a bit. They actually sound a lot worse than they were, but I know most of us didn't like them. I wish I had a picture...Sharon, you have any? During the show we often had to move these large black boxes that we sat on while the lights were out between songs. For the most part, the guys moved them because they were kind of big and awkward, but my partner had a back ailment and played the cripple card during the entire tour so I had to move it all the time. Apparently you had to be careful not to lean over too much if there was a soloist performing in the spotlight in case it caught a "glimpse" of you as you shuffled to your place behind them.
At the end of every year, we had a big party where we all get together and watch one of our choir tour performances on a big projection screen and laugh at all our ridiculousness...but little did I know I would become the butt of the joke....or,rather, the b**b of the joke (read on to get that joke). As we are all sitting there taking in the show, someone on screen gets up there in the spotlight to sing "Lady America" or perhaps give a narration on the strength and courage of our founding fathers when all of the sudden we all have a very clear and distinct bird's eye view of my cleavage in the background. And we are not talking just a quick glimpse, we are talking several seconds where my entire bra outline is on display and you could see practically down to my belly button as I am leaning over probably struggling with that stupid box. I was absolutely mortified. But worse, everyone thought it was so funny, that they kept rewinding it and laughing harder. Even Br. Brenchley our choir director! For those few readers that know Br. Brenchley (he is also the choir director in the MTC), he is a very spiritually in-tune, honest and righteous man...but apparently not when it comes to my cleavage as I swear he was laughing harder than all the students combined and was encouraging the replays. I was dying.
Embarrassing indeed.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Letting it all hang out
Posted by Stacy at 8:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I say if you got it flaunt it. (even if it's on accident)
oy! ow! wow--- but I like Deanne's attitude!!
Yeah, my first thought was...this could never happen to me because I would have to HAVE cleavage first. So, I would like to sympathize, but you'll have to find some well endowed woman and cry on her shoulder. :)
Ah me. I have to laugh. I will look for a picture that includes the stretchy and unflattering red outfits but no cleavage.
All I can say is OMG! That is hilarious! NOT really, buy yeah kind of!
Do you still have the video? That is hysterical! I loved it! Stacy, that is classic. Too bad I missed out on the fun. Sounds like the choir was good times. Hey, I would love to do lunch! What days work best for you? I will call Jen and we will hook up!
I wish I could have seen it! I love it. Thanks for the laugh.
well HELLO miss Stacy! How are you? Your family is so adorable! Well, just wanted to say hi. :)
I'm with Maleen! I'm not going to pretend that I don't on occasion wish I had to worry about that. But then, my brother-in-law doctor says that we flat-chested women shouldn't have as many back pain issues, so I guess there are a few perks.
Post a Comment